To support high quality physical education and grow opportunities for students to be active before, during and after school, GENYOUth, with the support of the NFL Foundation, developed a turnkey approach to help America’s P.E. teachers build a foundation of healthy, lifelong physical activity for their students. Since 2014, NFL FLAG-In-Schools has offered an estimated 13 million kids the opportunity to develop a love of sport through flag football.
NERF Belts and Footballs
- Hasbro, Inc. will supply NERF footballs and flag belts to the NFL FIS kits, infusing the equipment with a new level of flexibility, size and softness.
- 30 new online videos will teach students the fundamentals of flag football, with each lesson closing with a nutrition tip of the day from an informational resource created by Midwest Dairy and SHAPE America.
- A dual English-Spanish language “Rules of the Game” resource to be introduced in conjunction with the NFL’s celebration of Spanish Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15.
Expanded Program Reach
- NFL FIS will continue to support the Boys and Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), providing kits to nearly 200 clubs selected by BGCA on Native Lands to introduce 90,000 Native youth in American Indian, Alaskan Native, American Samoan, and Hawaiian tribal communities to flag football.
- NFL FIS is forging a three-year partnership with Special Olympics, which will provide kits to Special Olympics Unified Sports®coaches and Unified physical education teachers who offer flag football instruction within Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools®.
NFL FLAG-In-Schools Coach of the Year Contest
- To highlight the positive impact of physical education on students, a national contest will be launched for back to school to honor these unsung school heroes. More details will be provided in the months ahead.
To strengthen knowledge and insights regarding the utilization of kits in school communities, GENYOUth has produced a summary report consisting of findings and analysis of data at a national level and specific to each of the 32 NFL club markets. Full report here.
For additional resources to support you, your students, and flag football in your school community, please visit https://flag.genyouthnow.org/
The impact that GENYOUth in general, and NFL FLAG-In-Schools specifically, have made on youngsters nationwide is awe-inspiring, and I’m so very proud to partner with them on this exciting journey.”
– Alexia Gallagher, NFL Foundation